The quick answer is Yes – As I explain below, aluminium water bottles offer many advantages over plastic bottles and are better for your health. Reusing plastic bottles can leach toxic chemicals into your water!
I want my readers to know that this is a product review for Purekit.com. I received a complementary SIGG Aluminium Swiss Touch 1litre bottle to test.
Chose Aluminium Water Bottles To Drink Safely
I have written about the importance of drinking water before but what about where we drink our water from? There is no question about it – plastic water bottles should be a NO-GO for everyone. Repeated use of your typical plastic bottle can cause harmful carcinogens to leach into your water! Recycling it may help the environment temporarily but it is not helping you!
SIGG Aluminium Swiss Touch 1litre bottle – since 1908 – SWISS MADE
Unfortunately most of us still buy plastic – why? Convenience and supply. You will not find aluminium bottled water in shops, so most are forced into buying plastic bottled water when thirsty and unprepared. We cannot change what the shops put on their shelves overnight but we can all make sure we own an aluminium water bottle and take it with us as often as possible. What are the main advantages to aluminium bottles?
- Keeps water cool and tasting neutral.
- Avoids nasty toxins found in plastic bottles e.g. Bisphenol A (BPA) – a chemical that can affect our body’s hormone messaging. Animal tests have suggested BPA has various nasty effects including, ovarian cysts.
- Trendy (especially in this environmentally conscious world).
Swig from a SIGG
Since 1908 SIGG has grown to become the biggest name in the aluminum water bottle market. The SIGG Swiss Touch 1litre bottle I have been given to test is part of the new SIGG range that offers the following advantages over many other aluminium bottles.
- Made from a single piece of durable aluminium.
- Hygienically coated inside to help prevent leaching and alleviate contamination of contents.
SIGG Specific Advantages:
- 100% free from Bisphenol A (BPA)! (Not all Aluminium bottles are!)
- Screw-top loop bottle cap for hooking to day-pack or backpack
Using your Sigg:
- Do not put boiling water in it – you want to keep the special SIGG coating in perfect condition.
- Do not put it in the freezer – you do not want your SIGG to crack.
- Carbonated/Fizzy drinks can be drunk from your SIGG.
- Best to handwash.
My SIGG has been down to the gym with me a few times now and I only have good things to report: No leaks due to a well constructed, secure screw top; the water is kept cool for much longer than I expected; the bottle is very lightweight; the water does taste neutral; and it has not scratched or dented in my kitbag.
Purekit.com offers a good range of SIGG products to select from.
Should You Buy a SIGG Aluminium Bottle?
I would honestly say “yes”. Firstly, the health benefits cannot be compared to drinking from plastic water bottles. SIGG are not the cheapest aluminium bottles on the market but you get what you pay for – SIGG is a quality and well respected Swiss brand. So if it is for commuting, camping or health, you should consider getting one today.